The Rolex GMT and the Rolex Submariner fall into the professional line of watches. While the GMT is supposed for the aviators, the Submariner turned into the world’s first watch designed for diving. Both have been brought in 1954 on the Basel Fair.
Similarities among the Rolex GMT and the Rolex Submariner
Apart from being expert Rolex watches and sharing the identical launching 12 months, there are different similarities inside the cutting-edge versions of the 2 fashions. Some of those encompass:
1. Standard case size of 40mm
2. Self-winding mechanism
three. Rotating bezel
four. A scratch-resistant synthetic sapphire crystal, which offers the two watches a slimmer look
5. Triplock system providing some other layer of protection to the Oyster case. It features a triple gasket device that screws down tightly onto the case tube and towards the Oyster case
6. Available in 18k yellow gold, steel and Rolesor
Besides these similarities, the choice of black bezel with black dial is likewise very popular in each those fashions.
How is the Rolex GMT Different from the Rolex Submariner?
Rolex created these fashions to fulfill exceptional professional needs. Some of the foremost factors in which the watch fashions differ from each other are explained underneath:
1. The Rolex Submariner capabilities a uni-directional rotating bezel rather than the bi-directional bezel discovered in the Rolex GMT watches. The functionality of the bezels is one of a kind inside the two models. The uni-directional bezel inside the Rolex Submariner is designed to help a diver degree the elapsed time even as diving. Before a diver gets enters the water, he needs to set the bezel so the triangle engraved at the bezel factors on the modern minute hand role. This will begin counting the minutes while the diver descends. Similarly, through resetting the location of the triangle again, he can pace his ascent as nicely. Thus, by measuring the elapsed time, the bezel ensures the protection of the diver.(On the opposite hand, the bi-directional rotating bezel inside the Rolex GMT allows the wearer to examine the time in two special time zones simultaneously. Divided into two same components, the time 6:00 to 18:00 represents the day and the time 18:00 to 6:00 represents the night. The special 24 hour hand is used to display the 24 hour time frame on the bezel. The watch capabilities an impartial hour hand, which can be set to a unique time sector with out adjusting the 24 hour hand and the bezel. In addition, the “one-hour” soar function enables the hour hand to jump one hour at a time without affecting the minute or second hand. This characteristic is not present in the Submariner fashions.
2. The modern-day Rolex GMT Models have a water depth score of 330 ft, while the Submariner fashions have a water depth rating of 300 meters or a thousand ft.
Three. All cutting-edge Rolex GMT models sport a ceramic bezel, in contrast to the Submariner models.